Saturday, March 7, 2015

February Flowers

So it is March already, but I still want to share my arrangement for February, because I loved it so.





These are branches of berries, foraged from a public fenceline.  It seems to resemble Mayhaw (Crataegus opaca) but the ripening of the fruit seemed to be too early in the year for Mayhaw, so I need to research that one further.  Obviously, not knowing absolutely what it is, the berries remained as decoration only.  Isn't it lovely though?  I blended it with Eucalyptus and it made quite an arrangement in early February and lasted about a month.  It was a perfect look for Valentines Day and to brighten up a dreary, cold month.

I might add too, this is a great example of creating an arrangement on the cheap -- the Eucalyptus branches were inexpensive and came in a large bundle that served for several arrangements on its own that were scattered throughout the house, and the alleged Mayhaws were free.


No comments:

Post a Comment